Skip to content

Planning January 2012

January 8, 2012

2012 has been great so far.  January has been great so far.  But what lies in store for the rest of 2012?  Don’t know, and I don’t want to think about it.  So instead, I’ll plan the rest of January, because it’s better to make small steps.  But first, let’s review what happened in 2011!

What happened in 2011:

Stuff.  It wasn’t all that great, to be honest. I gave up on my dreams, made a great personal discovery, and joined Twitter.  Yeah, joining Twitter is notable enough to be listed, because that’s how not-great 2011 was.  There is also some other stuff that happened, but it’s not worth mentioning because reflecting on it isn’t going to make me a better person.  Mostly because there isn’t anything worth reflecting on.  I live a rather boring life.

What’s happening in January 2012:

More stuff!  Great stuff!

Okay, not really.  I’m going to work on my first novel.  Really work on it.  I started this novel back in November, for NaNoWriMo.  Obviously, I didn’t finish it.  I hope to have it 80% complete in terms of content by the end of the month.  The remaining 20%, and editing the whole thing, is something that will have to wait until February.

I’ll also be continuing my work on Clever Musings.  Expect to see articles on Skyrim coming before the end of the month.  I’m also going to tackle Metroid: Other M, because I don’t have any money to buy new games.  On that note, I’ll likely be looking at Mass Effect, Final Fantasy XIII, and other old games with narrative components.

And of course, I’ll be drawing daily in preparation for my upcoming webcomic.  I haven’t been blogging about the drawing practice that I have done so far (aside from the first day) because there really isn’t much else to say.  I probably shouldn’t have said it’s #1, because that implies there is going to be more.  Maybe there will be, but that will probably come about in February, which is completely outside the scope of this month.

Speaking of the webcomic, I’ll also be writing more about that.  Not here on the blog, but just notes and things, to get that first story arc nice and ready, so that I may hit the ground running.  I said I plan on updating Saturdays and Sundays (still going to do that), but then that’s only 104 updates a year…  Seems like a rather low number for what is going to be a story-driven serial.  I’m thinking of bumping that up to be either a three-update week (SWS) or a four-update week (STTS).  That’s something I’ll be thinking about when I sit down to actually draw the thing; if it takes me too long (several days) to produce a single update, then I’ll have to limit myself to the aforementioned Saturday/Sunday schedule.

Advertisements

From → Personal

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: